At adoption@heart we understand that when a child has a plan or is placed for adoption this can be very upsetting for the birth parents and other family members. In recognition of this we have a contract with an independent agency to provide the following support for birth parents:
- Information about the adoption process and what is available to support you with this;
- Help you to provide special information for your child’s life story books;
- Support you with final contact visits with your children;
- Support you to meet with your child’s prospective adoptive parents;
- Counselling on a one to one or group basis;
- Help with direct and indirect contact arrangements.
Please contact the adoption support team to discuss accessing these services.